Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

PROLIFIC BLOGGING

I wish I could keep my blog as current and updated as Sarah. I told a friend (who is also coincidentally downsized) about mine, and realized later if he did check it out, he would think I had a pretty lame blog. SO again, I'm inspired to try harder.

Let's see, summer vacation is here for Jake, and the challenge is on to keep him from turning into a video game vegetable. I enlisted Shelly Taylor to watch him for a couple of days, then Leslie was swindled into taking him a couple of days early next week. I'd say at this point in his life, Leslie's is his favorite place to be, so it's a relief that she (and Eric) are willing to have him. Boy Scout camp and Sarah's will take up some more days, and hopefully we'll all keep him from ruining his attention span any further.

Here's all recent blogworthy events - which if I updated daily, I would probably have provided more detail about.

1 - We cleaned the beach with many Horseshoe Lake friends, and had a great time at a followup pot luck.

2 - Jake was in a play, and it was really well done, and all the kids (55 of them!) did a great job. The breakout star was a little girl who played a pirate and did an adorable "pirate-speak" throughout the play.

3 - I planted an herb pot and a tomato/hot pepper/basil pot on the end of the dock, the only sunny spot at 5518 East Lake Rd.

4 - I still suck at piano, and wonder what compels me to keep at it sometimes.

5 - Sarah is firming up her plans to come to NY- we can't wait to see Isaac, and I am hoping there is a big improvement in the weather by that time.

6 - The big 4th of July celebration will be the 5th of July this year - should be awesome, with everyone at the lake planning to celebrate, our friends Keith and Linda renting the cabin next door, and Debbie on the other side - we're really lucky to have so many friends. Hopefully my long lost brother will decide it's worth a trip to Batavia.

7 - I'm pretty bored at work - don't get me wrong - it's a great place to work, stress free, great bosses and I get to work with a good friend, but I feel pretty unchallenged. Trying to think of a solution to that, other than blogging on company time.

8 - This weekend is: Friday eve - chaperone a party with the Taylor's for 30 Middle School graduates, Saturday - check out garage sales in the AM, probably clean the ElDebo party boat, cocktails on the beach at 5, then a party at Krista Glows to see the Stinson's and commemorate Frank Glow's birthday. Sunday I hope to finish a lot of little jobs around the shanty. Hopefully GiGi will be around a bit.

Later I plan to blog about my struggle with nicotine addiction. It will be riveting.

That's it, my sporadic post for June 26 2008

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bebbie!! Your busy schedule tires me out. I hate being old, and I'm starting to even get crotchety (that sounds gross, doesn't it?). Hey, give me a call sometime and I'll fill you in on my business stuff. I think we talked about it way back when I called you because your lottery dream was a lie...nothing but a lie. :-)

Unknown said...

I'm waiting for this riveting nicotine addiction blog with bated breath.

Guess what!
Only today and tomorrow of work until three and then..
home home home for a three day weekend!
Can't wait for Saturday. :)

Doove said...

Fancy. Now how about some posts?

Anonymous said...

WOW...a fabulous over the top BLOG for us downsizers!!!....seeking updates soon!
David Christian Hamblin

Doove said...

Prolific blogging, my ass!