Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

First Try at Pics (without Sarah)


Here's Jake and me at our snowshoeing adventure at the Genesee County Park. It was a really fun time. A manager from Eastern Mountain Sports brought snowshoes to rent, and together with a park employee presented a history of snowshoes to the 12 or so of us registered for the second of two hiking sessions. It began in the Interpretive Center at the park, which I was surprised to find contains lifelike dioramas of local wildlife, displays of local flora and fauna and ways of identifying them, and a hands on "Discovery Room" for kids. I was impressed with the professionalism of it, and the dedication of the park employees and volunteers (called Acorns)




I definitely have to make sure I take a camera on walks around the lake. Today (sans camera) Zeke and I disturbed 6 or 7 really large birds high in the tree canopy in the woods at the far south end of the lake. They were maybe turkeys or pheasants (no glasses with me either). I guess I'm surprised that either of those birds would be found as high in the trees as these were, and when they flew off it looked really unnatural - the same way a helicopter looks as though it should not be able to escape gravity and fly.


That's all...now I'm going to try and get my picture here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bebbie! You made it so I had to sign up here just to leave you a message? Grrr...

Anyways, I love the pic of you and Jake. You look terrific!

We need to go for some coffee or something (and I'll pass on a cup from that little thing Jake won at GCC).