Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Why My Blog Sucks

My blog sucks beacause I have ADD. I am really grateful for all the blogs I've checked out recently, and realize that the ones I enjoy the most are maintained by bloggers with a unique obsessive interest or agenda, and I have too many of these to create a cohesive blog with an ongoing theme and personaltiy that would attract a devoted following of like-minded blog stalkers.

e.g. - here are things I have given a large percentage of my waking thoughts and turned over in my mind as blog worthy based on my fleeting obsession with each over the past couple of months.

1. American Idol

2. Ice fishing

3. Frugal Living (there are tons of single-minded bloggers on the topic)

4. Evolution (and people who really think the earth is only 6,000 yrs old - sorry Derek)

5. Astronomy (check out badastronomy.com to address number 4 and 5)

6. Starting a freelance bookkeeping business

7. Sarah starting a cake making business (which we turn into a multi-million $$ franchise!)

8. The Caring Bridge website which provides a communication line for anyone dealing with with a major health crisis to keep their network of friends and family updated - the most poignant and in-your-face reality check ever - should be required daily reading for everyone. The recent passing of an Iraq war soldier fron injuries sustained in August 2007 is chronicled here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevinmowl Just sad, and sucks and sucks and sucks.

9. Jake changing so awkwardly into a teenager, and how truly loyal he is - mostly to Julie's ex-boyfriends.

10. Getting Old--Sucks also. Looking around, I'd like to think that growing old gracefully is something that can be chosen, and that recognizing the things that predispose us to problems can help us avoid them. That's just what I like to think so I don't have to feel so bad about other people's issues as they get old, and that's what everyone will think when I get old too.

11. Tha area around Horseshoe Lake - We have taken some pictures, and I will probably put a few up in my next post. It really is beautiful after a fresh snow (which is EVERY DAY lately).

SO, my blog won't have a theme, or a cause, or a topic. I'll just try to make it not suck too bad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Deb some blog thoughts.. NO your blog doesn't suck...I really don't care for any blogs, but yours is well above the norm. As for your list... I make the following comments...#1..probably one of the worst shows on TV..no wonder most of the world hates us. #2 I am sick of this...too damn cold up here..#3 A very good plan, that Brenda and I have tried to begin to implement..#4 I believe in GOD and JESUS..BUT any one who thinks "old Mother Earth" is at not least 2 billion years old..probably has an IQ that matches their waist size and certainly is not reading the same Bible as I am. #5 Have been into astronomy since 1954... One look at the night sky up here and you know that there is a SUPREME BEING and that things have been around a lot longer than 6,000 years..#6 Sounds like a good idea to me..#7 Would be great... tough market to crack.. wait for economy to recover. #8 I am not familiar with this site.. will ck it out..#9
Ah.. Jake as a teenager. I hope he is still the great and brilliant kid I remember...#10.. GETTING OLD REALLY SUCKS.. my friends are dying..I spend more each year on RX drugs than I paid for my 1st house. and finally NOTHING works right anymore..#11.. Yep, Horseshoe Lake is a COOL place...Be thankful you were able to find such a great homestead. I don't agree with your 'liberal wife and conservative Terry'... You would like to be a liberal..BUT you never can be.. YOU ARE TOO DAMN SMART.. and I have talked to you enough to know you are really a closet conservative.. Well.. enough of my big mouth.. I have NEVER posted on BLOG before, so I hope I followed the rules.., Doc in the UP of Michigan

Doove said...

Try harder.